Wednesday 3 April 2013

Walking Disaster Book Review

Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2)Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in return for an honest review.

I thoroughly enjoyed Beautiful Disaster, so when I found out that Jamie McGuire was writing the story from Travis's point of view, I grew excited.

Travis Maddox is a character I think mothers warn their daughters against! He likes the ladies, but not enough to commit to a relationship. However, that all ends when he meets Abby Abernathey. He finds that she's worth fighting for.

I don't know if it's because I already knew what was about to happen with this story, but I found that I couldn't connect with Travis's character as I should have. In Beautiful Disaster, I knew he was a ladies man, but didn't know why. I loved his character though! In this book, I found out why, but I think it still did not excuse his behaviour. I found out why he called Abby "Pigeon", and at this revelation I had a "light bulb" moment, because I had been curious about the nickname.
I did enjoy the extra scenes that featured Travis and Shepley, and Travis and his family. However, the Travis in Beautiful Disaster seemed more intense than in this story. Then again, that could just be my interpretation - he's still a jealous jerk in certain scenes! There is a new epilogue, which is a nice surprise, and it made me smile!

Jamie McGuire is a wonderful author, but I'm afraid this story left me a little bit disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high? Some scenes felt a bit rushed, whilst others seemed a bit vague. Nevertheless, I did enjoy it, but not as much as I should of. I do not recommend this book for younger readers due to the use of bad language and the mention of sex. However, I recommend this story if you have read Beautiful Disaster and are curious about Travis's point of view, or you are a fan of YA Romance. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment