Saturday 11 May 2013

Book Review of Deadly Image (Inspirational Romantic Intrigue) by Tamelia Tumlin


Synopsis:

Lexi Yates knows she hasn't harmed her three-year old daughter, yet the Louisiana town of Gator Bayou seems to think she's guilty. With her daughter missing, the evidence stacking up against her and her faith in God tested to the limit, Lexi must find a way to convince FBI agent Ace Valdez she's innocent before she becomes the next target. 

Ace Valdez doesn't trust easily, and he certainly knows better than to fall for a case, yet there's something about the widowed mother that makes him want to believe she's innocent. But evidence doesn't lie. Or does it?

Long Novella - about 36,000 words

Review:

Deadly ImageDeadly Image by Tamelia Tumlin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the second book I have read by this author. I loved it!

Lexi Yates is a fantastic character. She is a mother on the edge. Her daughter has gone missing, but nobody believes her. I'm not a mother myself, but I could empathise with her. She is a lot stronger than she thinks she is. Her only hope is FBI agent Ace Valdez.

Ace Valdez is a tough agent and a fantastic character. He is a typical alpha male - strong, loving and protective. I love these types of characters; they make me weak at the knees!

This is a fantastic romance novella, with lots of mystery and suspense that kept me hooked from the first page! I loved the intrigue surrounding the disappearance of Lexi's daughter, Anna. I struggled to put the book down long enough to sleep!
This book does have a slightly religious inflection, but it is not preachy; it is mostly confined to the occasional prayer. I loved how the story flowed, and the way these two characters interacted with each other. The reveal of the kidnapper was a surprise! I would never have guessed in a month of Sunday's who it was! However, in retrospect, it could have only been that person!

Tamelia Tumlin has written a completely different book to the one I had read previously (which was paranormal and rather racy!). This book is more of an emotional romance than a physical one. This contrast shows her talent as a writer. Her ability to write romances of such diversity makes her a fantastic author to follow.

I highly recommend this book if you love romance novels. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

            

No comments:

Post a Comment