I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.
WOW! This is an exciting roller coaster ride of an adventure! I loved it!
Abby is a fantastic character. She is very bright, very strong and deadly! However, she also cannot remember certain details - like where she is, or how she got there. But she is one heck of a fighter!
Eric is also in the same boat, so to speak. He too cannot remember how he ended up floating in the ocean. I loved his character. He seems to be very cool under pressure.
As I started reading this novel, I thought "Oh, no! Not another Hunger Games wanna be!". However, this book may have some similarities, but the storyline is completely unique! Told from mostly Abby's and Eric's points of view, the story is attention grabbing! But, other characters have their say too, which gives this a movie like feel! This is a mix of "Extreme Survivor", "Big Brother" and a compelling romance! This book is full of action, adventure and danger that had me completely hooked! The characters are extremely lifelike. I didn't like a few of the other characters, because they are extremely "bad" and terrifyingly dangerous - especially Tom and Bryce! They made me shudder with disgust and revulsion! There are some twists in this tale that completely surprised me - Abby's history for one is an unpleasant revelation, but I can understand why she did what she could to escape from it. The romance between Abby and Eric is extremely sweet! The cliffhanger of an ending sent a shudder up my spine, and now I'm looking forward to reading the next book as soon as possible!
David Antocci has written an exciting debut novel. This author is one to watch! His writing style is fast paced and extremely fluid. I think I will have to add him to my favourite authors list!
I highly recommend this book if you love thrillers, suspense and/or dystopian fiction or are fans of The Hunger Games Trilogy. - Lynn Worton
View all my reviews
2. How long does it take you to write a book?
4. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
5. How do you balance family and writing?
7. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your book/s?
9. Are your characters based on anyone you know?
11. How hard is it to get published?
12. What do your family and friends think about your books?
13. What do you like to do when you are not writing?
15. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
17. For an aspiring writer what do you feel are certain do's and don’ts for getting their material published?
18. What are you working on now?