Thursday 29 August 2013

Book Review of Feathermore (Feathermore #1) (Feathermore Trilogy) by Lucy Swing

Synopsis:

When the one thing you live for is denied to you, do you let it go or do you fall?

Jade, like any other student at Brushwood High, awaits the start of the school year with a certain measure of dread. Worse, she is being threatened by a voice that only she can hear—a voice that lurks at the edges of her awareness, haunting her and warning her of something unknown. She has always been able to count on her two best friends, Claire and Nate, but can she confide in them now? About this? Would they even believe her?

Life takes a turn for the better when she meets Avan, a darkly handsome new student who, somehow, seems to drown out the voice and make her feel at ease.

But Jade soon comes to realize that good things don’t last forever. When everything spirals out of control, she is shattered by something she never saw coming. Dazed and despairing, she must now overcome tragedy and embrace her true existence and a new but dangerous love. Will she be able to save herself and those she loves, before it’s too late? Or will she let the surrounding darkness consume her?


Review:


Feathermore (Feathermore, #1)Feathermore by Lucy Swing
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the first book in a fantastic YA Paranormal Romance. I loved it!

Jade is a wonderful character. I liked her very much. She is a normal teenager, or is she? Her past is a mystery, but when a new student catches her eye, and she begins to fall in love, events are set in motion that throws Jade into a cat and mouse game with a deadly foe.

I started reading this book and was hooked from the first page! I loved meeting Jade's best friends, Claire and Nate. They are a fantastic couple, but they have their own secrets. Avan is a hottie! I felt jealous of Jade. He is kind, generous and loving.
However, the further I read into the story, I found some of the scenes similar to other stories I had previously read. I'm not saying that there was any impropriety by the author, just that the story followed a pattern that other authors had employed, and there were no major twists and turns to keep me as interested as I should have been. That being said, I really did enjoy the story, and am looking forward to reading the continuing two books in the trilogy.

Lucy Swing has written an intriguing start to a trilogy. Her writing style is fast paced and it flowed beautifully. Her characters came alive on the page, and I'm looking forward to seeing how she grows as an author.

I recommend this book if you love YA Paranormal Romance. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


         

No comments:

Post a Comment