Friday 3 January 2014

Book Review of Possessed (The Thorne Trilogy #2) by R.K. Ryals


Synopsis:

Calling a Demon forth wasn’t the wisest thing the Ayers witches have ever done. For centuries, the Ayers have been slaves of the Demon Lilith, one Ayers witch destined to do he
r will while another was sacrificed to the Hunters. But Monroe Jacobs has changed the rules …

A witch from the Ayers line, Monroe’s powers have always been connected to Demons and now she knows why. Once a slave to Lilith, she has thrown off her blood ties to the Demon queen by calling on her son, the hybrid-Demon, Luther. Now Monroe must discover what it means to be a witch while fighting off demonic possession.

For Luther “Thorne” Craig, his attraction to the witch, Monroe, isn’t just a complication, it’s a distraction. He’s always been happy with his life, serving the denizens of Hell while living flamboyantly, but now he’s declared war on his mother and Lilith won’t rest until she sees him dead.

Armed with her own book of shadows, Monroe is dragged into a civil war between mother and son while Luther fights his demonic need to truly possess her. 


Review:


PossessedPossessed by R.K. Ryals
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review 6******

This is the second book in the Thorne Trilogy. I loved it!

Monroe Jacobs is a fantastic character! I loved her when I first met her in Redemption (The Redemption Trilogy). She is the best friend of Dayton Blainey. She also happens to be a witch, a very talented one, who is now tied to Luther "Thorne" Craig, a hybrid demon.

Luther Craig is a complex character. He is very arrogant, power hungry and decidedly sexy! He is also attracted to Monroe (and her soul) more than he would like. I was unsure about this character when I met him in the Redemption series, but getting to know this contrary demon has been great fun!

First off, I would like to say I LOVE the new covers for this series! They are gorgeous!

This is a book that I have been wanting to read for some time. I finally got to read it and was quickly thrown back into a battle of wills between Lilith, Luther's mother, and Luther himself. Lilith is desperate to get control back over the Ayres family; whilst Luther wants to gain control of his mother's kingdom in Hell. The story continues from the end of Cursed and see's Monroe fighting more than demon possession; her attraction to Luther is growing.
The story is full of action and danger, and kept me turning the pages! I struggled to put this book down, and read it in one sitting! (Thank goodness for weekends!). When the book ended, I was quite sad, because I wanted to keep reading! I am looking forward to reading the concluding book in the trilogy to find out what happens next!

R.K. Ryals has written another fantastic YA Paranormal Romance Series. She is one of my favourite authors, and I will read anything written by her.

I HIGHLY recommend this series if you love YA Paranormal Romances with demons, angels, gargoyles, witches and strong characters that come alive on the page! I also highly recommend that you read The Redemption Series (to find out how it all began) and Acropolis Series (Conor Reinhardt's story). - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


         

No comments:

Post a Comment