Sunday 12 January 2014

Book Review of The Three Kitties That Saved My Life by Michael Meyer


Synopsis:

AN UPLIFTING TRUE STORY OF LOVE - from love and loss to love renewed - a feel-good read

Losing loved ones is an awful fact of life; losing one's loving spouse, one's da
y-to-day partner through life, especially in the prime of life, is one of the most unbearable tolls that we humans are forced to endure. This is the true story of my journey from grieving widower, not caring if I lived or died, to the once-again happily married man I am today, a man who both loves and cherishes life. My three kitties have given me a new zest for living.

Equally inspiring and entertaining, my story begins with loss and tears, but it ends with lots of love and laughter. I think that you will find yourself moved by my journey.


Review:


The Three Kitties That Saved My LifeThe Three Kitties That Saved My Life by Mike Meyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was recommended this novella by a friend. I am not a big reader of memoirs, or true stories, but this one really touched me.

I started this book knowing that it would be heartbreaking at times, but found this story to be very sweet and funny too. The author has had to endure pain that many people have gone through; the loss of a loved one. I have not had to deal with this yet, but it doesn't stop me from empathizing. Michael's heartbreak over the loss of his first wife, Ciba, is palpable and brought tears to my eyes. The letters he wrote to her are very touching. The antics of Coco reminded me of my own cat, and made me smile because I still miss her even after her death 11 years ago. The introduction of the lovely Kittie, and later Pom Pom, into the family shows that there is hope and love to be found again, even though it may not seem like it at the time. Some people will either find comfort with that, or not. However, I would like to hope that if I ever had to deal with losing a loved one, I would be as emotionally strong as this author. I am very happy for him and his family of 3 kitties, and wish him well.

Michael Meyer is an amazing person. He has poured his heart out and shared his grief and love with the world. It is not the easiest thing to do, but I really admire him for it.

I recommend this book if you have either lost a loved one, or love to read memoirs. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


       

No comments:

Post a Comment