Thursday 24 April 2014

Book Review of The NightMan by T.L. Mitchell



Synopsis:

Caitlin, a beautiful woman who is caught between the control of one ruthless vampire and her only desire for love.
Dorian, a vampire with only one desire; to devour the beautiful Caitlin. He has waited a hundred years for the chance of his immortal lifetime.
The NightMan watches and protects. His heart longs for something more, something to free him from his bonds. A reason to fight. A reason to live. A reason to love.
One mysterious night under a new moon, love blooms, passions flare and freedom is so near.
Can one night of love change the lives of three people? Who will be the one to overcome in The NightMan.


Review:


The NightmanThe Nightman by T.L. Mitchell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a novella that I downloaded when it was free, as the blurb sounded interesting. Unfortunately, it has taken me a while to get to read it.

Caitlin is a young woman caught between a vampire, Dorian, who desires her blood, and Adriel, The Nightman - a werewolf, who desires her body.

This is a paranormal romance with a fantastic premise. Unfortunately, the story, for me, lacked something. The story was interesting, but I was a bit disappointed that the tale felt more like an essay. The dialogue was a bit stilted and felt a bit formal. This, I felt, made the characters seem rather shallow and not as interesting as they should have been. The story is a fast read, as it is a novella, and I would have liked for the story to have been a little longer and the characters fleshed out a little more. Since I downloaded this book more than a year ago, I don't know if it had been re-edited. However, the copy I had was in dire need of a polish through a professional editor. This does not mean that the story wasn’t good. On the contrary, the story had great promise. This is a diamond in the rough, and with a little tender loving polish, could be a great paranormal romance. I really did enjoy the story and the ending left me quite happy.

T.L. Mitchell has written an intriguing paranormal romance. Her writing style is not as fast paced as some authors, though the story flowed nicely. Even though this story could have been much better, I would definitely consider reading more of this authors work in the future.

There is a scene of a sensual nature that is slightly explicit. Therefore, I do not recommend this book to younger readers. However, I recommend this book if you love paranormal romances. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment