Wednesday 1 October 2014

Book Review of Good Pussy Bad Pussy: Rachel's Tale by A. Aimee



Book Title: Good Pussy Bad Pussy: Rachel's Tale 
Genre: Erotica
Pages: 192
Author: A. Aimee
Date Published: 7 October 2013

Synopsis:

Most married women only dream of having sex with other men, but Rachel actually does. And it gets her into all kinds of trouble. From Amsterdam to the French Riviera to New York City…from her blond lover Stefan, to aristocratic Albert, and mad doctor Howard, Rachel tastes forbidden fruit – and likes it. That is until life takes a very surprising turn!

Review:


Good Pussy Bad Pussy: Rachel's TaleGood Pussy Bad Pussy: Rachel's Tale by A. Aimee
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is an unusual erotica novel. The synopsis was intriguing, so I decided to give it a try.

Rachel is a character I didn't really like. I wanted to shake her for her choices. She is a wife and mother, who is bored with her marriage. She has a high libido (she calls it Good Pussy/Bad Pussy) and, in order to satisfy it, ends up having affairs and one night stands. She meets Stefan and her life quickly spirals out of control.

This is a hard book to review, because although I read and enjoy erotica, this story had me scratching my head at times. I get that Rachel was not happy in her marriage, but her attitude had me thinking she deserved some, if not all of the things that happened to her. She basically prostitutes herself (not for money though) and then cries foul when she gets pimped out by not only her "boyfriend" Stefan to his boss, Albert, but also gets abused by her brother-in-law. No one deserves to be physically abused, but if a character or person knowingly and purposefully puts themselves in danger of being hurt in this way, they have only themselves to blame. They need to take responsibility for their own actions, or lack thereof.

The plot line was a bit shaky at times and twists from erotica to romance. The other characters in the story felt one dimensional and lacking in personality, and I struggled to enjoy this story. In fact, some of the scenes were quite disturbing and made me feel ill. I do like reading erotica, but I am afraid this story was not for me.

A. Aimee has written a gritty erotica novel, but I think this book needs an edit to polish up some of the rough edges. Her writing style is fast paced and action packed, but the flow was not as smooth as it could have been.

Due to the explicit sex, as well as physical abuse and violence, I do not recommend this book to readers under the age of 18, or for those of a sensitive nature. However, if you enjoy erotica with violence and abuse, this book is for you. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


             

No comments:

Post a Comment