Sunday 12 October 2014

Book Review of Her Avenging Angel (Her Angel Romance Series Book 7) by Felicity Heaton



Book Title: Her Avenging Angel (Her Angel Romance Series Book 7)
Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance
Pages: 327
Author: Felicity Heaton
Date Published: 11 October 2014


Synopsis:

Once a proud angel of Heaven, Nevar is now a servant of Hell, bound to a new master—the King of Demons. Consumed by darkness and driven to seek revenge, he set in motion a series of events that awakened the Great Destroyer, a force that will bring about the apocalypse. Now, he is the creature’s master and the fate of our world rests in the hands of an angel with only darkness in his heart.

Lost in the mortal realm without any recollection of how she came to be there, Lysia is only aware that she has survived a great battle. When she stumbles into a demon bar, she finds more than a chance to discover what happened to her—she finds a dark and deadly angel warrior who stirs fire in her veins and awakens soul-searing passion she cannot deny.

With the mounting threat of the Great Destroyer, the forces of Heaven and Hell against him, and a band of dangerous angels intent on capturing Lysia on his heels, can Nevar protect the beautiful woman who is light to his darkness and find the strength to save the world?

Review:


Her Avenging Angel (Her Angel, #7)Her Avenging Angel by Felicity Heaton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the seventh book in Her Angel Romance series. I loved it!

Nevar is a wonderful character. I really didn't know him very well when he was first introduced in Her Demonic Angel as Erin's Guardian Angel, but I am now glad for the opportunity to get to know him better. Now more demon than angel and under servitude of The King of Demons, Asmodeus, Nevar is struggling to come to terms with his actions of awakening the Great Destroyer, as well as his addiction to Euphoria, a mixture of demon blood, demon poison and alcohol. When a mysterious woman walks into his life, Nevar finds he will move Heaven and Hell to keep her safe.

I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this book. This is the first series I started to read from this author, and the angels and demons in these stories have become my friends as the series has progressed. This book quickly captured my attention from the first page; I read this book in one sitting, because I couldn't put it down. Nevar felt a bit self-pitying to me in the beginning, and I wanted to shake him to get his head out of his you-know-what. I can understand him being angry at Asmodeus though, so I can totally see why he would want revenge. But revenge is best served cold, and Nevar is too hot headed and impulsive to truly think things through properly. Thus, his impetuous attack on Asmodeus at the end of Her Wicked Angel, which now sees him being made the master of the Great Destroyer.

This story is full of emotional ups and downs, as well as several twists and turns. The scenes and characters are well described and I felt like I was in the midst of the action and part of the group. I loved meeting Lysia. She is a character I felt great empathy for. She has not had an easy life. However, I was left wondering why someone would create a being that would destroy all three realms (Heaven, Earth and Hell)? If all life in these realms were destroyed, what would the Great Destroyer do or go next? Would she cease to exist too? Anyway, that's a discussion for another day - back to the book! There is a wonderfully described battle scene, which was epic in scale! I also loved the prison escape scene in Heaven; Asmodeus's first visit there was quite amusing too. The attraction between Nevar and Lysia is magnetic and hot. Their passion fairly set the pages on fire! I also loved meeting Erin and Veiron's young son, Dante, who has everyone wrapped around his little fingers; even his Grandfather - the Devil. I wonder if his story will be told one day?

This book is actually the end of the series, but there were some new characters that were introduced that will be starring in a new series, which I am now looking forward to reading.

Felicity Heaton is number one on my Favourite Authors List. I love her fast paced writing style - it is extremely fluid and flows beautifully! I am in awe of her talent to weave stories with characters that come alive on the page. I felt like I could bump into them whilst doing my shopping!

Due to the explicit scenes in the story, I do not recommend this book to younger readers under 17. However, I highly recommend this book (and series) if you love erotic paranormal romance or stories with sexy angels and/or demons! This story could be read as a standalone, but I would highly recommend that you read the other 6 books too, to get a fuller understanding of the complex relationships between the characters! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


          

No comments:

Post a Comment