Saturday 11 October 2014

Book Review of Incredible Dreams (A Time Travel Romance) by Sandra Edwards



Book Title: Incredible Dreams (A Time Travel Romance)
Genre: Time Travel Romance
Pages: 232
Author: Sandra Edwards
Date Published: 15 August 2010


Synopsis:

A modern-day ghost whisperer travels through time to save the life of a WWII fighter pilot and ends up jeopardizing her own existence.

Review:


Incredible DreamsIncredible Dreams by Sandra Edwards
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a very interesting time travel romance. I really enjoyed it! I downloaded this book when I first bought my Kindle, but had never managed to read it until now.

Isabelle (Izzy) Miller is a modern day ghost whisperer. She is a very likable character, who has been hired to clear an old, abandoned WWII Air Force base hanger of a ghost. I really liked this character. She has a steely inner strength and a determination to succeed.

This is a wonderful time travel romance that takes the reader on a wild ride. The story is told mostly through Izzy and Jack's point of view, but there are also a few other characters that have their say, which gives it an interesting twist. I started this book and was reminded of a British TV comedy series called "Goodnight Sweetheart", where a young man finds a tear in the fabric of time and it leads back into 1940's London. However, this story is slightly different as it is set in the US, the main character is female and this book is most definitely not a comedy. Izzy goes back in time to save the life of the pilot, Captain Jack Baker from a tragic accident. This story is full of twists and turns, as well as interesting characters. The romance between Izzy and Jack was sweet, but hot. I liked Jack too. He is full of charm and charisma. There is danger and excitement, as well as adventure in this really sweet story. This time travel romance was a refreshing change of pace from the normal paranormal romance books I read, and I found myself on an emotional roller coaster from beginning to end.

Time travel is a paradox; if you went back in time, would you become your own grandmother/father or some other relative? This is a question that has always intrigued me from when I first read H.G. Well's Time Machine. I am no scientist, but one wonders if there are people from the future travelling back to our time and beyond. Scary? Maybe, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Sandra Edwards has taken the concept of time travel and written a wonderful romance that was touching and sweet. I loved her fast paced writing style and the flow was wonderful.

Due to scenes of a sexual nature that, although not as explicit as some books I have read, are rather on the steamy side, I do not recommend this book to younger readers (under 16). I do, however, recommend this book if you love older YA, paranormal or time travel romances. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


            

No comments:

Post a Comment