Friday 14 November 2014

Audio/Book Review of Accepting the Moon: Prequel (Moonrising Book 1) by K.S. Haigwood



Book Title: Accepting the Moon: Prequel (Moonrising Book 1)
Genre: YA/Paranormal Romance
Pages: 81
Audio Running Time: 1 Hour 39 Minutes
Author: K.S. Haigwood
Date Published: 1 September 2014 (Kindle); 16 October 2014 (Audible)


Synopsis:

There is a new Alpha Wolf in town, and she is about to change everything.
Mena had all she wanted in life: a nice house, money, a successful husband who treated her like a queen.
That was, until she found out her marriage was all a lie, and things she never thought could exist, did.
Vampires are real.
Werewolves are real.
And Mena is not human anymore.

Review:


Accepting the Moon (Prequel) A 'Moonrising' StoryAccepting the Moon (Prequel) A 'Moonrising' Story by K.S. Haigwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a fantastic start to a new series! I loved it!

I downloaded this book as an audio book, so that I could listen to it while doing household chores. This audio book was narrated by Pyper Down. I loved her narration; her vocal interpretations of the characters made them come alive. She did a fantastic job! Her voice was melodic and smooth, and I found myself drawn into the story more easily. I would definitely listen to more books narrated by her.

Mena is a wonderful character. I really liked her. She is quite courageous and determined. But one moment of danger will change her life forever. Can she overcome the obstacles thrown in her path by fate?

This is a very interesting prequel novella to a new series. In this book, we are introduced to Mena, Jackson and Phoenix. Each character has a chance to give their own point of view. I really enjoyed their interactions. Jackson seems to be quite impulsive and hotheaded at times. Phoenix, on the other hand, is extremely intense and powerful; I suppose it helps that he's the leader of the vampire clan.

The story is a really fast paced read! I was quickly swept into the tale. It is full of twists and turns, with lots of action and danger. I was a little disappointed that it was so short, though, lasting only 1 hour and 39 minutes. I wanted it to keep going! I am now looking forward to reading/listening to the main story arc in the first full novel of the series.

K.S. Haigwood has written another wonderful paranormal romance series. I love her fast paced writing style, and the flow of the story was wonderful. I am fast becoming a fan of hers.

Due to a few scenes of violence, I do not recommend this book to younger readers. However, I recommend this story if you love older YA or erotic paranormal romance genres. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


            

No comments:

Post a Comment