Wednesday 28 January 2015

Book Review of Craved by an Alpha (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 5) by Felicity Heaton



Book Title: Craved by an Alpha (Eternal Mates #5)
Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance
Pages: 163
Author: Felicity Heaton
Date Published: 27 January 2015


Synopsis:

Having turned his back on his snow leopard pride, Cavanaugh has been counting the days until he’s free of a role he never wanted—one that separated him from his fated female and stands between him and the future he craves with her.

Just days from the night he will finally be free to be with the low-ranking beauty who stole his heart, she walks back into his life and threatens to destroy everything he’s worked towards in the five long years they've been apart.

Eloise has travelled across continents searching for the male who was once her best friend and so much more to her, but was now her pride’s true alpha. Desperate to fulfil a promise to her kin to save them from the tyrant he left in charge, she convinces Cavanaugh to return to his pride, but as they journey to Bhutan, doubts bloom and old feelings resurface, tearing her between duty and her deepest desires and impossible dreams.

Will Eloise be able to resist the burning need that Cavanaugh reignites in her and remember her place in the pride? And can Cavanaugh find a way to save his kin and claim the future he craves with the woman he loves?

Review:


Craved by an Alpha (Eternal Mates, #5)Craved by an Alpha by Felicity Heaton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the fifth book in the Eternal Mates Series. I loved it!

Cavanaugh is a fantastic character. I was intrigued by him when he was first introduced in Kyter and Iolanthe's story, Hunted by a Jaguar. It has been a pleasure getting to know him better. He is a snow leopard shifter, who has left his pride and his responsibilities as pride Alpha, so that he could be with the woman he knows to be his fated female. When Eloise unexpectedly turns up in Kyter's bar, Underworld, Cavanaugh finds himself facing a difficult decision.

Eloise is also a fantastic character. I liked her very much. She is also a snow leopard shifter and has travelled a long way to find Cavanaugh and bring him back to the pride. Can she convince Cavanaugh to take back the title of pride Alpha in time?

I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this book, as I have come to love this series. I started to read the story and was quickly pulled in, and didn't put the book down until I had finished.

The story is told through the points of view of both Cavanaugh and Eloise, which gives the reader a chance to see their thoughts and feelings. The story is very well told and the descriptions of people and places brought the tale to life. However, I don't know why, but I found the fight scenes not as vibrant or as exciting as they would normally be. The author is usually very good at describing battle scenes, but I felt there was something lacking in the action on the main fight scene. However, I think it's because it was only a fight and not an all out war that made me feel a bit short changed; I'm used to epic battles in this series! That being said, the story was full of the usual heat and passion I have come to expect from the characters in this series. I'm surprised that the snow didn't melt due to the heat generated by them!

This story had a gentler romance arc compared to the other books in the series, as Eloise is more subservient in demeanor (that is, unless she forgets herself and speaks her mind), due to her belief that this is how a lower-ranked female should behave towards her Alpha. Cavanaugh, on the other hand, wants an equal to be by his side, but he is too scared to push Eloise due to the trauma she faced at the hands of the stand-in Alpha. I think he underestimates her inner strength; I wanted to egg him on to push her into standing up to him more.

I reached the end of the book and gave a huge sigh of satisfaction. I am now looking forward to reading the next book in the series, Bitten by a Hellcat, as soon as possible.

Felicity Heaton has written another fast paced, sexy paranormal romance that I thoroughly enjoyed! I love her writing style, which flows effortlessly from scene to scene. She is number one on my favourite authors list!

I do not recommend this book to younger readers due to the extremely HOT and explicit sexual scenes. However, I highly recommend this book (and series) if you love sexy paranormal romances full of vampires, elves, werewolves, cat shifters, succubi, incubi, angels, dragons and demons. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


             

No comments:

Post a Comment