Sunday 22 March 2015

Audio/Book Review of Entwined (Eternal Guardians Book 2) by Elisabeth Naughton



Book Title: Entwined (Eternal Guardians Book 2)
Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance
Pages: 322
Audio Run Time: 11 Hrs 18 Mins
Author: Elisabeth Naughton
Date Published: 27 July 2010 (E-Book)
23 September 2013 (Audio Book)

Synopsis:

ZANDER — The most feared of all the Eternal Guardians. It’s rumored he can’t be killed, and he always fights like he has nothing to lose. But as a descendant of the famed hero Achilles, he’s got to have a vulnerability… somewhere.

Forces of daemons are gathering and have broken through the barriers of the Underworld. Now more than ever the Eternal Guardians are needed to protect both their own realm and the humans’. Zander can’t afford to think about what might have been with the bewitching physician he once regarded as his soul mate. But with eternity stretching before him, he also can’t fathom spending his life without the one woman who makes him feel most alive. Perhaps he’s found his weakness, after all…

Review:


Entwined (Eternal Guardians, #2)Entwined by Elisabeth Naughton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the second book in the Eternal Guardians series. I loved it!

My sister recommended this series to me as she had read them all (that have been released so far) and thought I would enjoy it, and she was right! I downloaded this as an audiobook, as I had previously enjoyed listening to the first book in the series, Marked, in audiobook too. Entwined is again narrated by Elizabeth Wiley. She did another fantastic job in telling the story. Her narration was crystal clear and her interpretation of the characters brought them to life.

Zander is an interesting character. I really liked him, but he has a serious issue with self-pity at first, which I found a bit off putting for a hero. He is one of the oldest of the Argonaughts and, as he is from Achilles bloodline, believes himself to be immortal. Nevertheless, as the story progresses, he pulls his head out of his you-know-what and is actually a great person to know, who realises that everyone has their weakness and his happens to be his soul mate.

Callia is a wonderful character. She is the King's physician and has the power to heal. I really liked this strong willed woman. She has had to endure a lot over the last ten years, but her spirit has not been broken. But when Zander volunteers to marry Isadora, her world comes crashing down around her ears.

This story is another roller coaster ride, full of action, adventure and danger. Adalanta is busy preparing her demons for war with the Argonaughts, and has a secret weapon in her arsenal, though he's not very willing. This secret weapon is a young boy by the name of Max, who is ten years old. I really liked Max. He is a very resourceful young man, who has had to endure years of abuse and cruelty at the hands of Adalanta, and has had to do some terrible things to survive. His courage and determination to escape his "Mataras" to find his real mother had me cheering him on. Callia also finds out a secret about herself which, although it surprised her, didn't really surprise me. But it made me look at the King in a slightly different light!

As the story progressed, I fell in love with all of the Argonaught warriors, and the story in general. This is a fast paced, action packed adventure from beginning to end.
As I said in my review for Marked, "This story is mostly a typical paranormal romance, with lots of action and danger mixed in. However, there are several twists and turns that keep one guessing at what is really going on.", but after listening to this story I realised that there is a bigger story arc within each storyline, and I am looking forward to finding out what that story arc will reveal. One thing I will say about this story (and series) is the world building is excellent. The characters are well developed and extremely lifelike. I have always been intrigued with Greek gods and their offspring such as Hercules, whose exploits became legend (or are they myth?) over time. So reading about his descendants, who were with Jason on his voyage for the Golden Fleece, excites me. I am also a huge sucker for paranormal romances in general, so I am looking forward to continuing with this series and I will (hopefully) get to read/listen to Tempted as soon as I can.

Elisabeth Naughton has written an exciting paranormal romance series. I love her fast paced writing style and the flow is wonderful. I will be continuing to read this series, but I do have one of her romantic suspense novels sitting on my Kindle, which I hope to now read in the near future too!

Due to scenes of a sexual nature that are on the explicit side, I do not recommend this book for younger readers. However, I highly recommend this book if you love erotic paranormal romances. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


           

No comments:

Post a Comment