Friday 31 October 2014

Book Review of Return Of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm Book 4) by Dianna Hardy




Book Title: Return of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm #4)
Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance
Pages: 251
Author: Dianna Hardy 
Date Published: 30 October 2014

Synopsis:

The fourth book in the dark paranormal fantasy series, Eye Of The Storm. 
The full moon has been and gone, beginning a new phase of greater surety for the wolves of Surrey and the mated four who lead them. Ryan's old pack from Wiltshire – a force to be reckoned with – have ensured their immediate safety from The Trident ... but what will they demand in return for their protection?

As Lydia and Lawrence heal old wounds, finding solace in each other, Ryan battles with his own past. He'd do anything to keep the pack he loves safe, but 'anything' might have consequences he never imagined.

Meanwhile, Selena's sole focus is in keeping herself intact as Gabriel relishes in breaking her. What will she have to become in order to survive?

And Sarah has some tough choices to make, all of which will test her beliefs and challenge her boundaries of what makes good, and what makes evil.

Written in British English. Contains scenes of explicit sex and violence that some readers may find disturbing.


Reading order:
1. Releasing The Wolf
2. Cry Of The Wolf
3. Heart Of The Wolf
4. Return Of The Wolf
5. TBA
6. TBA
(It is planned that the sixth book will be the last.)

Review:


Return Of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #4)Return Of The Wolf by Dianna Hardy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the fourth book in the Eye Of The Storm Series. I loved it!

Lydia is a fantastic character. I have really liked her from the start. She is a strong and stubborn woman, who has now had her first change and has fully embraced her mates and her life as a werewolf. However, her life is still complicated by the Trident's. Ryan, in a desperate attempt to keep his three mates safe, calls on his old pack for assistance.

I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this book for months! I started this story and couldn't put it down. In fact, I read this in one sitting! The story continues from the end of the third book and is again told from various points of view. I have missed these wolves a lot!

In this story, we get to know Ryan and his past in more detail. There are secrets in his past that, once revealed, made me love him even more. I was intrigued with his druid background, and this made me wonder if this is why he was able to connect with Lydia in her dreams before they met. I also loved watching his and Taylor's growing attraction for each other blossom.
Lawrence is still quite reserved, but since his story was revealed in book 3, he has begun to be more at ease with his mates.
Sarah, meanwhile, is going through her own problems now that Amil has disappeared. I love the one scene outside of her house containing cats and Tridents, but I will not go into detail because of spoilers, which I try not to include in my reviews.
I did feel a bit sorry for Selena for being accidentally mated to Gabriel, the Trident leader. However, as the story progressed, I found myself feeling sorry for Gabriel instead. Their story is rather twisted and convoluted, and it had me cringing at times. Gabriel is evil, but Selena is very manipulative. Their relationship takes a decided twist near the end of the book, which has me wondering what's coming next!
The story has several twists and turns, not to mention shocking revelations, and is masterfully told. The sensual heat factor in the story is hot enough to start a fire, and the ending has left me wanting more! I cannot wait to read the next book as soon as possible!

Dianna Hardy is one of my favorite authors. I love her writing style, which is fast paced and fluid. Reading her books are a joy, and I will continue to read them for as long as she keeps writing them.

Due to the explicit sensual content and some bad language, I do not recommend this book for younger readers. However, I highly recommend this book (and series) if you love HOT erotic paranormal romances with sexy werewolves. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


       

No comments:

Post a Comment