Saturday 15 November 2014

Book Review of Forever Kansas (The Ruby Blue Series Book 5) by Julie Cassar



Book Title: Forever Kansas (The Ruby Blue Series Book 5)
Genre: YA/Paranormal Romance/Fantasy
Pages: 343
Author: Julie Cassar
Date Published: 14 November 2014


Synopsis:

“She will be the death of me one day. I swear, she will.”

In this companion novel to the best selling Ruby Blue Series, Brennan Kaelin, Fairy Prince and Heir to the throne of the Earthen Royal Court in Fey, reveals his inner-most desires and struggles. In a world where the four Royal Courts and three Realms collide, an even deeper connection is unearthed as more secrets of Fey are exposed. Relive Ruby’s adventures through Brennan’s eyes as he searches to discover the mysteries shrouding the prophesy of the One with The Elements.

*Author’s note: This novel is meant to be read after “Forever Blue” (Book 4 of the Ruby Blue Series). It discloses additional information to Ruby and Brennan’s story, however, some key plot points of the original story are intentionally left out.

Review:


Forever KansasForever Kansas by Julie Cassar
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review 6******

This is the fifth and final book in the Ruby Blue Series. I absolutely LOVED it!

Brennan Kaelin is a fantastic character. I wasn't sure if I liked him when I met him in Ruby Blue, because he came across as a bit arrogant at times. However, as this series has progressed, I have grown to love him.

I have been eagerly awaiting this book's release, ever since the author first said she was going to write it.This is a most exciting and un-put-down-able read! I was completely hooked from the first page!

*Minor spoiler* This story is told through the view point of Brennan from after Sirrush had attacked Ruby in Ruby Blue and starts during the water challenge of the Water Court in Deja Blue, and continues on from there.

I was absolutely fascinated by how Brennan saw Ruby, and what his thoughts and feelings were during key events in the series. There are some new scenes incorporated into the main storyline, where Ruby was absent, and these gave me a deeper insight into Brennan's character and personality. He takes his responsibilities as the future King of the fairies quite seriously, but he also has a great sense of humour. And, speaking of humour, I loved seeing Jeremy again! He is a fantastic character, with a very unique vocabulary of sayings. I have so many favourite ones, but "That girl is a skank-ho hot mess in a gi-gah-munga can of nasty crack worms!" really made me giggle when he was referencing Katrina (AKA Ka-Trampy). In fact, most of his comments made me giggle; his comedic timing is fantastic! The story has all the twists and turns of the previous books, but there are a few more surprises and secrets revealed. I even shed a few tears during some scenes, but will not say which ones, because I don't really like putting spoilers in reviews. However, I will say that the ending was a sweet surprise and leave it at that.

Julie Cassar is one of my favourite authors, and I will read any of her books in the future. Her characters are very lifelike and virtually leap off the page! I also love her fast paced writing style, which seems to flow effortlessly from scene to scene. I am in awe of her talent.

I HIGHLY recommend this book (and series) as a MUST READ if you love YA paranormal romances or fantasy genres. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


               

No comments:

Post a Comment