Thursday 19 February 2015

Book Review of Bitten by a Hellcat (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 6) by Felicity Heaton



Book Title: Bitten by a Hellcat (Eternal Mates #6)
Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance
Pages: 163
Author: Felicity Heaton
Date Published: 17 February 2015

Synopsis:

The sole remaining member of the most famous shifter hunter family in history, Owen Nightingale is a mercenary and a man with a secret held in his closely guarded heart, but when a beautiful rare shifter catches his eye and offers him a job, he has the feeling he’ll be the one paying for helping her—with his heart.

Cait is in a spot of trouble with a capital T. A male hellcat has set his sights on claiming her and she’s one kitty who doesn’t want a collar. When she meets a dark, alluring and mysterious hunter, she sees a chance to rid herself of the male, but the price Owen sets and the fierce passion that burns white-hot between them lures her dangerously under his seductive spell.

Can Owen discover the true intent of the male hellcat and stop Cait from falling into his hands? And can Cait retain control as the heat of desire burns between her and Owen, or will a reckless moment seal both of their fates forever?

Review:


Bitten by a Hellcat (Eternal Mates, #6)Bitten by a Hellcat by Felicity Heaton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the sixth book in the Eternal Mates series. I loved it!

Owen Nightingale is a fantastic character. I really liked him. He is charming and likable. He is a very determined person, who refuses to back down from a fight to protect weaker humans, fae, shifters and demons from bullies or other undesirable characters. He is a shifter hunter turned mercenary, with a secret that, if exposed, could bring unwanted attention. When he sets eyes on a sexy shifter in a bar, Owen realises that his life may never be the same again.

Cait is also a fantastic character. I really liked her. She is a Hellcat, one of the most rarest of the cat shifters. She is feisty and extremely independent, and has no intention of being captured and collared. Whilst evading a Hellcat male intent on doing just that, she meets Owen and enlists his help.

I have been looking forward to reading this book for some time. So much so that when I found out that it was up for pre-order, I quickly bought my copy.

I started to read the story and was quickly sucked in. The story is told from the points of view of Owen and Cait. The chemistry between them is electrifying; sparks fly almost immediately. I love the scene in the bar with the Hellfire drink, I could imagine that scene quite clearly. I love the description of the Hellcats; they sound absolutely beautiful, and made me wish they were real! The scenes are written in such a way that I could picture them with clarity. There are a few previous characters who make cameos: Kyter, Cavanaugh and one of my favourite elves, Bleu. I am looking forward to reading Bleu's story; his and Taryn's. The little bit which is slipped in to this story piqued my interest.
Marius, I'm sad to say, didn't strike me as villainous as he should have done. He is an opportunist and a piece of scum, but not especially evil. But, the unnamed fallen angel is one mean dude!
The fight scenes are back to their normal exciting and nail biting descriptions; I found myself completely hooked!
I reached the end of the book and was a little disappointed that it had finished; I felt the story was too short and I wanted to keep reading. However, I am now looking forward to reading Taken by a Dragon as soon as possible.

Felicity Heaton has written another fast paced, sexy paranormal romance that I thoroughly enjoyed! I love her writing style, which flows effortlessly from scene to scene. She is number one on my favourite authors list!

I do not recommend this book to younger readers due to the extremely HOT and explicit sexual scenes. However, I highly recommend this book (and series) if you love sexy paranormal romances full of vampires, elves, werewolves, cat shifters, succubi, incubi, angels, dragons and demons. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


            

No comments:

Post a Comment