Saturday 22 February 2014

Book Review of Claimed by a Demon King (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series #2) by Felicity Heaton



Synopsis:

USA Today Best-Selling Paranormal Romance Author Felicity Heaton presents:

Claimed by a Demon King (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 2)
The moment the demon King Thorne of the Third Realm set eyes on the mortal huntress Sable, he knew she was his fated one. The fiery, dangerous female awakened hungers he had never experienced before, a dark craving and passion that has consumed him in their time apart. As the lunar cycle wanes, she enters his world again and nothing will stand in the way of him claiming his forever with her--not the relentless assault from the Fifth Realm or the dark elf male determined to seduce her out of his grasp.

Intent on achieving the coveted position of commander at Archangel, Sable leads her small team into the dark underworld and the Third Realm, to a war where her allies are the very creatures she normally hunts--vampires, werewolves, and demons. Her eagerness to lead the deadly mission has everything to do with winning her promotion, and nothing to do with the kingdom's brash, lethally seductive demon king--a king who stirred fierce desire and wildfire heat in her with just a look and an innocent touch when they first met, and has been in her wicked dreams ever since.

As the gathering storm between rivals unleashes irresistible passion that flares white-hot and the heat of the battle brings life-shattering realisations, can Sable place her duty before her heart? Or will she surrender to her deepest desires and be claimed by a demon king?

Paranormal Romance Books in the Eternal Mates Series
Kissed by a Dark Prince
Claimed by a Demon King


Review:


Claimed by a Demon KingClaimed by a Demon King by Felicity E. Heaton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the second book in the Eternal Mates series. I loved it!

Sable is a fantastic character. She is Olivia's (from Eternal Mates #1) best friend and a Hunter; one of the elite warriors working for Archangel, which is an organisation that polices the paranormal citizens living on Earth. I liked this character very much, as she is most definitely feisty! Her "shoot first, take prisoners second" attitude made me smile. She has a tendency to "leap before looking" and can get herself into some awkward situations. However, she is loyal and protective of her friends. I really enjoyed getting to know her better.

Thorne is the Demon King of the Third Realm, and is a most intriguing character. I only got a small glimpse of him near the end of the first book in the series, so was excited to meet him properly in his own story. He is a fierce warrior and leader of his people in his kingdom. He can be a bit arrogant, but he is a fair ruler. However, he also has a tender side that not many people get to see. When he first meets Sable, he realises she is his Eternal Mate, but winning her heart may be one of the hardest battles he has ever fought!

When I was offered the opportunity to read this book, I grabbed it with both hands! I am glad I did, because it is a fantastic continuation of the series. This book is full of danger, action and romance, coupled with two strong characters, which kept me hooked from start to finish! The story is told from mainly Sable's and Thorne's point of view, which gives the reader an opportunity to understand their thoughts and feelings. However, there is a fly in the ointment, and he's called Bleu. I liked Bleu's character in Kissed by a Dark Prince, but he hasn't won any points with me in this book! I am not overly fond of love triangles, and this Elfin warrior muddies up the waters quite nicely. However, that being said, this doesn't mean that it wasn't entertaining to watch the drama unfold! It was also a pleasant surprise to meet some of the characters from the Vampire Erotic Theatre series again! I must admit that I rather miss those vampires (not to mention the other paranormal characters in the series.), especially Snow and Antoine; that scene was rather intense, to say the least! And speaking of intense, there is a HUGE battle scene that was described in such a way that I felt I was actually there! In fact, the characters came alive for me too, and I felt that Thorne and Sable could walk through my door at any moment! There are a few twists and turns that surprised me and kept me guessing. I can't wait to see what surprises the next book in the series has to hold! This book could be read on it's own, but some of the story could be confusing to a few readers, if they haven't read the first book in the series.

Felicity Heaton has written another fast paced, sexy paranormal romance that I thoroughly enjoyed! I love her writing style, which flows effortlessly from scene to scene. She is number one on my favourite authors list!

I do not recommend this book to younger readers due to the extremely HOT and explicit sexual scenes. However, I highly recommend this book (and series) if you love sexy paranormal romances full of vampires, elves, werewolves, succubi, incubi, angels, dragons and demons. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


             

No comments:

Post a Comment