Thursday 6 February 2014

Book Review of Last Shot (Dev Haskell - Private Investigator: Case 6) by Mike Faricy



Synopsis:

Private Investigator Dev Haskell decides the best thing he can do is turn down Desi Quinn's request for help. He's not the guy to get involved in a long term investigation that's guaranteed to cost Desi
a small fortune and offers little promise of a result. That's before events take a turn for the worse.

Now Dev has a debt to pay but how can low-rent-loser Pauley Kopff be teamed up with squeaky-clean Citizen of the Year, Gaston Driscoll? Not to mention an exotic dancer named Brandi, a born
again Swindle Lawless and a Detective Norris Manning adding to the chaos. Dev lets go only to grab a bigger piece, but every time he thinks he's found the answer more questions arise.

Between the humor and sex, Dev gets deadly serious, after all, it is his Last Shot.


Review:


Last Shot (Dev Haskell - Private Investigator: Case 6)Last Shot by Mike Faricy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the sixth book in the Dev Haskell Private Investigator Series. I LOVED IT!

Dev Haskell is a fantastic character. He may be a bit of a womanizing pervert at times, but he has a good heart. However, even his best intentions seem to get him into trouble! This character has wormed his way into my affections, even though some of his antics have me rolling my eyes at times!

I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this book, but unfortunately, have only been able to get to read it now. I started to read this book and struggled to put it down! I was extremely surprised at how more mature Dev has become. It may have been something to do with his previous experiences with members of the opposite sex. Or maybe the violence he has gone through, and survived, during the previous five books. In any case, there is certainly a shift in his attitude and focus. Dev's next case is a rollercoaster ride of danger and adventure. I found myself cheering him on as he takes on a case that looks hopeless; this is his last shot to get it right. There is mystery, danger and adventure aplenty in this novel, and Swindle Lawless (from Tutti Frutti - Book #5) makes a re-appearance as Brandi. She actually is quite helpful and brave, as she goes undercover to help Dev with his case. The end of the book left me wanting more, even though the story reached a satisfying conclusion.

Mike Faricy has written a fantastic detective series. I love his fast paced writing style. Some readers may not get his tongue in cheek humour, but I really do, and I am looking forward to reading more of his books in the future.

I highly recommend this book (and the other Dev Haskell books in the series) if you love detective novels that are entertaining and extremely addictive. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews

             

No comments:

Post a Comment