Friday 17 January 2014

Book Review of Ending ELE (ELE Series #5) by Rebecca Gober and Courtney Nuckels


Synopsis:

"Sometimes, I feel as if loving you is the single greatest and scariest thing I've ever done.” ~Tony (Ending ELE)

The government took her people and now they 
are looking for her too. Running seems to be all that Willow and her friends do these days. Not only must Willow stay out of the reach of the soldiers who took her friends, but now she finds herself hunted by a more sinister threat. An evil group of men that are looking to finish what Hastings' had started.

This time Willow's friends won't let her run off to be the sacrificial hero, especially not the man who loves her. Will Willow and her friends find a way to save her people and take down the bad guys once and for all? And in the end, can Willow and Tony find their happily ever after in a post Project ELE world?

From the authors of Project ELE comes ENDING ELE. The fifth book in an all-new apocalyptic series with a paranormal twist: The ELE Series.


Review:


Ending ELE (ELE, #5)Ending ELE by Rebecca Gober
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review 6******

This is the fifth and final book in this YA Romance/post-apocalyptic/dystopian series. I LOVED IT!

Willow Mosby is a fantastic character! She has had to deal with a lot in her short life. She is only sixteen (turning 17), but she has grown up quite quickly and is madly in love with Tony. I really like her tenacious and stubborn attitude. She is one of the bravest kick ass heroines I have come across in literature. She could probably give Katniss and Tris a run for their money!

This is a fantastic conclusion to the series! I have been looking forward to reading this book for some time. But I had mixed feelings about it too, because I felt sad that the adventure was coming to an end. Once I started reading though, I couldn't put the book down! Again, I was swept back into Willow's world full of danger from the Reapers, and the men wanting to extract her blood to figure out how she was able to absorb other's powers without becoming a Reaper herself and losing her soul. The story has a few twists that kept me guessing and intrigued. There are also a couple of new characters with intriguing powers that get introduced into the mix. However, Sebastian (Sabby for short and Willow's brother) stole my heart from the first book and has it still! He may only be three (turning four), but he just had me melting with his sheer cuteness! He reminded me of my nephews' at that age. The action was intense, and very descriptive; I felt like I was really in the midst of the scenes! There are also a few emotional scenes that were very touching, especially the one near the end, and I had to dry a few tears - keep a few tissues handy! However, I wouldn't have missed this emotional roller coaster ride of a series for anything! I am very grateful to a friend for recommending it to me!

The writing partnership between Rebecca Gober and Courtney Nuckels is fantastic! Their combined writing styles compliment each other beautifully. They have written a fast paced series that flows seamlessly from one book to the next. They have also created a world that is believable (which is somewhat a terrifying thought!), and characters that are extremely memorable. I am looking forward to reading more books from these authors in the future.

I highly recommend this book (and series!) if you love YA Paranormal Romance, Post-Apocalyptic or Dystopian novels. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


               

No comments:

Post a Comment