Wednesday 29 January 2014

Book Review of The Red Lady (The Red Lady Trilogy) by Riley Steel



Synopsis:

A broken heart. A Girl's Night Out. A woman determined to move on and forget. 
That is, until she runs into the Red Lady. She will take you to the height of ecstasy, show y
ou things you never thought you wanted to see, and finally she will feast upon you. 

Review:


The Red LadyThe Red Lady by Riley Steel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I won this book from the author in a competition.

This is the first book in a new erotic paranormal romance trilogy. I really enjoyed it!

Ripley Paterson is a great character. She is a normal wife and mother. I liked her a lot, especially since she didn't stoop to revenge against her cheating husband with violence. I liked her style though!

This is a short novella and a quick read. I started reading the story and was intrigued with the characters. Avril is Ripley's best friend. She is free spirited and quite the party animal. When things go south with Ripley's relationship with her husband, she takes Ripley to a club run by The Red Lady. I wasn't sure whether I liked the owner of The Red Lady, Thea. She seemed to me to be quite pushy and domineering. When I found out she was a vampire, it began to make sense! The story has a few twists that kept me intrigued. Not to mention a little f/f and m/f action! However, the action is implied, rather than shown, in places and a bit explicit in others. That doesn't mean that it's not hot! The end of the book finishes on a slight cliffhanger and I'm looking forward to reading the next book to find out what Ripley has up her sleeve!

Riley Steel has written an intriguing start to a trilogy. I loved the way the story flowed. Her writing style is fast paced, but not rushed. I have not read anything by this author before, but I would definitely consider reading her other books in the future.

Due to the use of bad language, I do not recommend this book to younger readers. However, I recommend this novella if you love erotic paranormal romances, or are looking for a quick hot read! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


        

No comments:

Post a Comment