Wednesday 18 June 2014

Book Review of Little Harbor by Crystal Cattabrigga



Synopsis:

When tragedy rips through the very core of your soul, how do you find the strength to pick up the pieces? 

At twenty three, Lennox’s life was on track. She had just graduated from colle
ge, and was about to take a teaching job at Wareham High School until a phone call changed everything. Two years have now passed, and Lennox knows she needs to move forward, but the only way to do that is to go back to where it all began.
At twenty five, Connor Jackson has lived a pretty good life. Growing up with wealthy parents has allowed him never to worry about money, until recently. After being thrown in jail for disorderly conduct, his parents decide to teach him a lesson by freezing his trust fund. With nothing but a couple of hundred dollars in his pocket, Connor sets out on his own hoping to start new.
In a small town like Little Harbor, finding closure to your past, just might lead you to someone who will become your future.


Review:


Little HarborLittle Harbor by Crystal Cattabriga
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a fantastic, sweet contemporary romance. I loved it!

Lennox Shay is a wonderful character. I liked her a lot. She has a tendency to be sarcastic at times, and she has a hot temper when riled, but she is also grieving. She has come home to Little Harbor to face a difficult task and bring closure to her life. She wasn't expecting to meet anyone, especially someone like Connor Jackson.

Connor Jackson is also a wonderful character. I liked him a lot too. He is working as an electrician, since his parents cut off his trust fund. He is quite down to earth and charming when he wants to be.

I downloaded this when it was released, but due to the length of my reading list, I have only just managed to get to it now. I am kicking myself for not getting to read this sooner. This is a wonderful contemporary romance. The story is told through Lennox's point of view, and was a pleasure to read. The story is an emotional journey from beginning to end, and I read it in one sitting as I couldn't put it down. I must admit that I shed more than one tear whilst reading this book, as there are certain events that touched me deeply. There are also some memorable characters in this book whom I enjoyed meeting. Mallory is Lennox's best friend, who has stood by her through thick and thin. But after Lennox left Little Harbor two years previously, they had lost touch. Mr. Robertson is Lennox's elderly next door neighbour. He is a sweet and charming man, who is a little lonely, but also very wise. I loved how Lennox and Connor first met, it was certainly dramatic. They definitely have chemistry between them. It was wonderful to see their relationship bloom. The ending was nicely rounded off, as a romance novel should be, and left me with a happy feeling.

Crystal Cattabrigga has written a wonderful contemporary romance. Her characters are lifelike and likable. I love her writing style, which was fast paced, and the flow was wonderful. I'm looking forward to reading more of her books in the future.

As this book does not have any scenes of a sensual nature, this book can be read by young teens. Therefore, I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves contemporary romances. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


                  

No comments:

Post a Comment