Thursday 26 December 2013

Book Review of Fury of Desire (Dragonfury Series #4) by Coreene Callahan



Synopsis:

Of all of the warriors in the Nightfury pack, none is more complicated or more damaged than Wick. Emotionally scarred from a childhood of slavery and torture, Wick can barely stand the touch of another person. But all bets are off when he meets newcomer J.J. Solares. When J.J. is unjustly imprisoned, Wick agrees to help rescue and return her to the family fold. But Wick lives a life of self-imposed isolation, even among his beloved brothers in arms. Venturing into the world to seek justice for J.J. may be more than he can bear.
Meanwhile J.J. fights for her life at the hands of brutal prison guard Griggs. When she winds up in the hospital she sees no hope for things getting better. But events take a dramatic turn when she and Wick encounter each other. The connection they share is unlike anything either has felt before. J.J. believes she is hallucinating when she sees the majestic dark-haired god sweep in to save her, and Wick is shaken to his core by the attraction he feels for J.J. For the first time in his life, he finds himself wanting to get close to a woman.

After J.J.’s rescue, the two retire to Wick's mountain home, where J.J. recovers from physical injury while attempting to help Wick recover from his emotional ones. But neither is out of harm's way yet. And when they find themselves in the center of a Dragonkind war, they are forced to make the ultimate choice between surrendering to their fears or each other’s love.


Review:


Fury of Desire (Dragonfury, #4)Fury of Desire by Coreene Callahan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the fourth book in The Dragonfury Series. I loved it!

Wick is a fantastic character! He is a quiet, deadly warrior who even intimidates his fellow brothers-in-arms. He is extremely intense and private, and has an aversion to being touched. However, his tough exterior hides a vulnerable and scarred young boy, who has faced untold terrors as a slave. I liked this intense man when I was first introduced to him in Fury of Fire, but I am glad he has had an opportunity to have his story told and for me to get to know him better.

Jamison Jordan Solares (J.J. for short) is the younger sister to Tania. She is a wonderful character, who has not had the most auspicious dealings with men; she is serving her sentence for killing her abusive ex after all. She too has trust issues, but when she meets Wick, she realises that the taciturn warrior is worth the risk. I liked meeting J.J., because she is the light to Wick's dark.

I have become totally addicted to this series! This is another book that I have purchased the audio copy of, so that I could listen to the story as I went about the household chores. I was completely hooked from the first sentence! The story is very similar to the other three previous books, but the Dragonfury pack is filled with interesting characters with complex individual issues and problems, so each story has something new for the reader to experience. The leader of the Razorback's, Ivar, is still experimenting, but now with the help of Hamersveld, a rogue water dragon, his experiment takes on an even more deadly twist. I am NOT looking forward to finding out the results! There are new characters to meet, and shocking twists and new developments for my beloved dragons to deal with. The introduction of Azrad into the mix has given this story a slight comic twist, even though the author didn't mean to. I liked the scene with Azrad and J.J. and the trip to the nurse's station. It tickled me! I was grinning, even though I know that it was rather serious, even potentially dangerous. However, I could imagine it quite clearly! The way the author described the scene made me wonder if she had had a similar experience at one time.
In fact, the whole book (and series) is highly detailed, and every fight and every intimate moment is described in such a way that it comes alive. Benjamin L. Darcie did another amazing job reading/narrating the story. His voice and reading pace was rather mesmerizing, which helped me "see" the scenes with ease! I may have to search for more of the books this man has narrated (if any)!
I am now looking forward to reading/listening to the next book in the series as soon as it is released!

Coreene Callahan has written another fantastic paranormal romance. She is fast becoming one of my favourite authors to read. Her books are fast paced, exciting and extremely addictive! I still have an issue with the f-bombs used, but I have come to realise that these characters are what they are, and I wouldn't change them at all.

Due to the use of bad language and the explicit sexual scenes, I do not recommend this book for younger readers. However, I highly recommend this book if you love erotic paranormal romances or books with sexy dragon shifters! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


           

No comments:

Post a Comment