Thursday 12 September 2013

Book Review of Conflict (Control #2) by M.S. Willis



Synopsis:

***Content Warning - This is a new adult fiction with mature themes. It contains graphic sexual situations, mature language and explicit description of sexual violence.***

Conflict is th
e second book in the Control series. This description contains spoilers for those who have not read book one in the series, entitled Control.

Private Investigator, Paige Stone has always appreciated the independence of her life, however, her world was pitched upside down when she and her roommates were attacked and nearly killed. As a result of the attack by Chris, Paige now finds herself dependent upon Daemon Pierce for a place to live as she hides from Chris. Paige has never lived with a man before and demands that Daemon consider her a "roommate" only, even though it goes against her own desires.

Strong-willed and arrogant, Daemon Pierce has been working hard to protect Paige from Chris and from herself. Letting go of his life as a womanizer, Daemon tries to prove to Paige that she can trust him, even though he refuses to enlighten her as to his past. Daemon struggles to comply with Paige's ridiculous demand to be "roommates" and quickly finds that he has fallen in love with the girl who does nothing but push him away.

Paige's emotional journey once again places her in dangerous situations and when secrets are revealed and decisions are made, Paige has no choice but to look deep within herself to see if she can finally trust the man who will stop at nothing to save her.


Review:


Conflict (Control, #2)Conflict by M.S. Willis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the second book in the Control series. I loved it!

Paige Stone is a strongly stubborn individual. I loved this character's determination to find Chris after the brutal attack. Unfortunately, she is a bit reckless at times, which nearly gave me a heart attack, never mind Daemon!

Daemon Pierce is sexy, handsome and downright ticked off with Paige! I originally thought he was a bit of a jerk. However, by the end of the first book, I was smitten! I love his protective streak, but he tends to be a bit overbearing at times.

The story continues from the end of the first book, and it is a real page turner - I struggled to put the book down! One thing I love about this story is how the characters come alive! David is still one of my favourites - he makes me laugh with his antics. However, Chris is on the other side of the scale - he made my skin crawl! Just thinking about him makes me shudder!
The chemistry between Paige and Daemon is explosive, to say the least! The pages fairly spark and sizzle, even though sometimes all they are doing is sitting in the same room. It was nice to have had my suspicions confirmed about something towards the end of the book though! This confirmation made me want to read the next book, Conquer, as soon as possible!

M.S. Willis has written a fantastic New Adult romance that was disturbing in places and touching in others. I love her writing style, which is fast paced, and the story flowed beautifully. I am adding her to my Favourite Authors list!

Due to some scenes of violence and those of a sexual nature, I do not recommend this book (or series) to younger readers. However, I highly recommend this book if you love hot and spicy romances. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


               

No comments:

Post a Comment