Thursday 6 June 2013

Book Review of Dark Sentinels Book One: Sable by Dariel Raye


Synopsis:

Dr. Akila Marshall is a veterinarian with a calling – save as many stray animals as possible. The only child of wealthy, yet distant parents, she’s convinced that love is not for her. Until…


Sable’s search for his twin sister leads him to Akila. Born into a rare species of wolf shifters whose main purpose is protecting others, he has always been forced to fend for himself, but Akila’s loving, protective nature draws him – and not a moment too soon. Together, they must learn to trust each other enough to overcome a new, deadly enemy.



Review:




Sable (Dark Sentinels #1)Sable by Dariel Raye
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is a fantastic paranormal romance! I loved it!

Dr. Akila Marshall is a fantastic character. She is a vet with a soft heart. When she takes in an injured wolf, she doesn't realise what fate has in store for her.

Sable is a wolf shifter. He is a wonderful character. He is an alpha male through and through! He is loving, and exceedingly protective of his family. He has been looking for his sister, who had disappeared whilst investigating a case. His search lands him in the caring hands of Akila.

This is one short novella that I wish was a little bit longer! I was completely captured by the story, and hooked by the first page! I have read many shapeshifter romance books over the years, and I must admit that I'm a sucker for them! How they can change form and still manage to keep their human psyche intact is a mystery to me, but still, the idea enthralls me! Perhaps it's my primitive brain at work again!
This story is told from the points of view of both Akila and Sable. I loved this, because it enables the reader to get an idea of their thoughts and feelings. I was a bit surprised when I reached the end of the book, because it didn't take me too long to read it. However, there was a lot of action and danger in this 60 page book! Not to mention the HOT bedroom scene! I am now looking forward to reading book two in the series!

Dariel Raye has written a fantastic paranormal romance that is not only fast paced, but it flowed beautifully too!

I do not recommend this book to younger readers due to the explicit nature of some of the scenes. However, I highly recommend this book if you love paranormal romance or sexy shapeshifters! - Lynn Worton


View all my reviews


           

No comments:

Post a Comment