Thursday 27 June 2013

Book Review of Goddess (Starcrossed Trilogy #3) by Josephine Angelini


Synopsis:

She must rise, or they will fall . . . Helen's powers are increasing—and so is the distance between her and her mortal friends. To make matters worse, the Oracle reveals that a dangerous traitor is lurking among them, and all fingers point to Orion. Still unsure whether she loves him or Lucas, Helen is forced to make a terrifying decision, or risk all-out war. The final book in this heart-stopping trilogy.

Review:



Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)Goddess by Josephine Angelini
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review 6******

This is the third and final book in the Starcrossed trilogy. I loved it!

Helen Hamilton is a fantastic character! I loved her when I first met her. She is extremely beautiful, thanks to "that face" (Helen of Troy). She is about to face the hardest test (to stay away from Lucas) and a battle with the Titans. Will she be able to control her new powers before she and her friends get hurt or killed?

I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of this book! I pre-ordered it as soon as it became available, because I knew it would be epic! I fell in love with all the characters in the first two books, and I wondered what trials and tribulations would affect them in this one. I was completely hooked from the first page, as it continues just after the ending of the second book. The love triangle between Helen, Lucas and Orion is intense. However, I kept routing for Lucas, even though he's Helen's cousin (or is he?...). Both of these boys are extremely hot! There is also a new character who has Hector in a tizz! I liked her (Andy) very much. I found her to be a nice inclusion to an already fantastic group of people.
This book is an action packed roller coaster ride! It had me in tears one moment, and biting my finger nails the next! The Titans are a vindictive and nasty bunch of Gods! But it's the betrayal by one of the group that shocked me the most! His death filled me with sadness, as he was one of the most likable characters, but when it's war, death is inevitable. The ending was suitable (trying not to give too much away here! ), and left me glad to know these fabulous people! I feel sad now that the trilogy is finished, but I can always visit them again when I feel the need!

Josephine Angelini has written a fabulous trilogy filled with Greek Gods and Goddesses, not to mention the Kracken! I have already added her to my favourite authors list, and look forward to reading more of her books in the future.

I HIGHLY recommend this book (and series) as a "MUST READ" if you love YA Romance novels filled with strong characters and/or Greek Gods and Goddesses! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


             

No comments:

Post a Comment