Monday 24 June 2013

Book Review of Jumper (Time Travelers) by Jeff LaFerney



Synopsis:

After spending three years in jail and others completely alone, twenty-four-year-old Cole Flint discovers an amazing ability—he can time-travel and teleport. He’s a jumper. So what should the motorcycle-riding, cage-fighting tough guy do? He should protect an innocent eighteen-year-old girl who happens to be in possession of the Staff of Moses. Following the direction of a trio of angels who are determined to shake things up in the Middle East, Cole pairs up with Hannah Carpenter and her pet grizzly while he also tries to change his past and learn the mystery of his birth. Curiously, the King of Jordan knows all about Hannah, and he’s determined to gain possession of the staff. He’ll do anything to possess its power, but is it possible that he’s no more than a pawn, manipulated in time along with Cole and Hannah? Jumper is a mysterious roller coaster of action and a time-traveling adventure that will keep readers guessing right to the very last page.

Review:



JumperJumper by Jeff LaFerney
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is an exciting time traveling adventure from one of my favorite authors! I loved it!

Cole Flint is a fantastic character. Although he has spent 3 years in jail, I think he was wrongly prosecuted! I really liked Cole and I felt that he had been given a whole heap of bad karma! When he finds out that he's a "jumper", someone able to time travel, and he is given a mission to protect Hannah Carpenter and the Staff of Moses, he is thrown into a dangerous adventure!

Hannah Carpenter is also a fantastic character! She is a normal teenager. Or is she? I liked her sassy comebacks, and she is one of the bravest characters I know! She is extremely likable. She also has a grizzly bear called Teddy as a pet!

This book is told mostly from both Cole's and Hannah's point of view, but there are other characters that have their say too. This story could be a political thriller if you take out the paranormal aspects. However, the paranormal aspects i.e. the time travel, gives this story a fantastic twist. I don't know how the author kept the storyline flowing so well with all the different time lines. Some readers may be put off by the jumping backwards and forwards, but this is an action packed adventure that kept me hooked from the first page! There are meddling angels, a despotic King and not forgetting Teddy, Hannah's pet grizzly, and the Staff of Moses! I would love to see this as a TV movie! The characters are all so lifelike that I was expecting Cole and Hannah to come riding though my house! The political intrigue adds a darkness to the story, but doesn't seem so far fetched!
This book ends with some intriguing questions remaining unanswered, and that makes me anxious to read the next book in the series!

I have read other books by Jeff LaFerney, but I think this may be one of his best books so far! I love the way his stories flow! They are fast paced, but extremely fluid.

I highly recommend this as a "MUST READ" if you love YA or Paranormal genres. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


              

No comments:

Post a Comment