Wednesday 12 June 2013

Book Review of Mr. Softee (A Dev Haskell Novel) by Mike Faricy

Synopsis:

Another Dev Haskell tale, they can be read in any order you wish. Skirt chasing, wise cracking, dysfunctional PI Dev Haskell leaves his usual stool at the Spot Bar to take on what looks like a cakewalk job, providing protection for Mr. Softee. Turns out Mr. Softee is anything but... He's a ruthless 'entrepreneur' with a flash temper, a mean streak a mile wide, a laundry list of people who want to do him in and a sex crazed girlfriend named Lola. Things go from bad to worse until Dev enlists the help of former client, sometime friend and felon, Tony "Dog" Colli. Murder, mayhem, romance, double cross and bodies follow in their wake. Just an average week in the St. Paul your mother warned you about, delivered with a healthy serving of the bizarre. A fast paced tale of bottom feeders and criminal class, Mr. Softee is another journey through the screwed up world that is Dev Haskell's life.

Review:


Mr. SofteeMr. Softee by Mike Faricy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review 6******

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is another Dev Haskell novel. I LOVED IT!

Dev Haskell is a skirt chasing, beer drinking, lovable Private Investigator. I love him to bits, but sometimes I want to throttle him too! I honestly don't know if he has a guardian angel looking after him, but he seems to get into trouble at a drop of a hat!

In this page turner of a book, he is hired by Mr. Softee, an Ice Cream mogul, to provide protection. What happens next is a wild ride of explosions, car chases, mistaken identity, double cross and murder!
This is a fantastic story that had me shaking my head at Dev's antics at one moment, and marveling at how someone can have such bad luck the next! I was hooked from the first page! I loved meeting Tony "Dog" Colli. He is decidedly crazy, but I can understand why Dev is his friend; His hygiene habits leave a lot to be desired though! *shudder!!*
I am most definitely looking forward to reading more of Dev's adventures in the future!

Mike Faricy is a fantastic author! I love his writing style. It is fast paced, but it is also witty. He is one of my favourite authors, and I will read any of his books in the future.

I highly recommend this book if you love detective fiction that is highly addictive! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


                   

No comments:

Post a Comment