Friday 14 June 2013

Book Review of Perdition (A Goddess of Night Novella #2) by Ley Mesina


Synopsis:

In the second installment of the Goddess of Night series, Lily ventures out into the Underworld determined to find Nyx and finally get the answers she’s been looking for.


Xander, Drew, and Roxy head out on a mission to rescue Roxy’s parents from the secret facility hidden below Devlond University.

The time has come. Secrets will finally be revealed and the world they once knew will change…

Forever.


Review:


Perdition (A Goddess of Night Novella: Book Two)Perdition by Ley Mesina
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the second novella in the series. I loved it!

Lily Westbrook is part vampire and part witch. I loved her character when I first met her in Reborn. She is a very strong willed young lady, who is still coming to terms with her destiny - that of being the Goddess of Night.

This is another page turning read by this author! The story doesn't begin directly after the end of the first book, but picks up six months later. The action and ever present danger had me sitting on the edge of my seat! This may only be a short story, but it completely captured my attention.
This book sees Lily travelling to the Underworld in search of some answers. While she is doing this, Xander, Drew and Roxy are on a mission of their own. This story is told from several points of view, and is very descriptive. The characters came alive for me, and I could "see" them quite clearly in my minds eye. I felt like I was watching a movie! If there is one negative thing I could say about this book, it would be that it was too short! I must admit that when I reached the end of the book, I was screaming "Nooooo! It's can't end like that!" in my mind! I am now looking forward to reading the next book in the series!

Ley Mesina has written an amazing series that contains some fantastic characters! Her writing style is fast paced and fluid, and I am most definitely looking forward to reading more of her work in the future.

I highly recommend this book (and series) if you love YA or Paranormal Romance genres. - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


                      

No comments:

Post a Comment