Monday 10 June 2013

Book Review of Reborn (A Goddess of Night Novella Book 1) by Ley Mesina


Synopsis:

Lily Westbrook discovers that being half witch and half vampire is more of a challenge than she thought. When her powers mature on her eighteenth birthday, she unlocks a mystery that many witches thought was a legend.

After moving back to her birthplace in Cedar Creek, MA to attend Kensington University, Lily is instantly pulled deeper into the world she was kept from—the world of witches and vampires—uncovering the truth about her past and discovering who she is meant to be.


Review:


Reborn (A Goddess of Night Novella: Book One)Reborn by Ley Mesina
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is a page turning read from start to finish! I loved it!

Lily Westbrook is an interesting character! She is aware that she is a half witch/half vampire, but she doesn't know the rest of it! She is a woman with a very powerful bloodline and a destiny to match; that of being the Goddess of Night. I liked her very much, and although I have only met her in print, she felt real to me!

This is an exciting novella! As I said, I found this book a page turner from the first page! This story is mainly told from Lily's point of view, but there are several characters in this short story that also have their say. This gives the story some depth to it. However, I did feel that I was literally dumped into the middle of a story. It was a bit of a shock, but that jolt gave me an insight into Lily's character I would have missed otherwise; She tends to be a risk taker and a bit hot headed. However, as she learns more of her destiny, she starts to think before leaping into dangerous situations. I liked seeing her mature in this way.
I also liked meeting the other characters in the book, especially Lily's Aunt Trudy, Arthur, Nathaniel, Xander and Drew. However, there are two characters that I didn't like. They were Samuel and Alexander. These two characters define the meaning of "bad guys". One's a witch, and the other is a vampire, but both of them made my skin crawl! There are more than a few twists in this short story, but the cliffhanger ending has me wanting to read the next novella as soon as possible!

Ley Mesina has written an amazing novella that captured my imagination, and brought the characters to life! Her story is fast paced, but not rushed, and full of danger and excitement!

I highly recommend this novella if you love YA, paranormal romances or stories about witches and vampires! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


              

No comments:

Post a Comment