Saturday 27 July 2013

Book Review of The Sidekick Chronicles Vol II: A Pirates Tale (Gryphon Series Novella) by Stacey Rourke


Synopsis:

The call of the sea.

The promise of adventure.

For Rowan Wade, the need to return to his swashbuckling ways is enough to betray the only woman he’s cared for in over three hundred years.

With vengeance in his heart, he’s determined to exact his revenge on those that mutinied against his father. 

The arrival of an unlikely ally challenges Rowan’s plans. Her goal isn't to stop him, but to lead him on a journey of self-discovery to unravel the mysteries of the twisted path that led him to the Dark Army.

Will it be enough to make the pirate shift course? Or will he be lost forever in a rum-induced haze? Hoist ye colors and prepare to set sail with the Gryphon Series’ favorite pirate!

Review:


The Sidekick Chronicles, Volume II (A Gryphon Series Novella)The Sidekick Chronicles, Volume II by Stacey Rourke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review 6******

I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this novella. When it was released, I snapped up a copy as quickly as I could!

Rowan Wade is an enigmatic character. A rogue, a member of the Dark Army and a pirate, he hides a softer side that he very rarely shows.

I wasn't sure about Rowan when I first met him in Embrace, but I fell in love with him in Sacrifice. This is his story where we journey through his history. I found this tale very touching, and I think I have fallen even more for him - if that's at all possible! I now understand his motivation behind joining the Dark Army. It's not exactly a happy tale, but it is an exciting one! I was totally hooked from the first page! I loved getting to know Rowan a bit more, and I am now looking forward to reading either another novella or another novel in this fabulous series!

Stacey Rourke is a fantastic author! Her imagination has created an amazing YA series that is completely unique! She is one of my top authors on my Favourite Authors List. I will read ANY book that she writes in the future.

I recommend this book (and the whole Gryphon series so far) to everyone who likes their YA romances to be full of action, danger, wit, sarcasm and adventure! - Lynn Worton

View all my reviews


             

No comments:

Post a Comment